Our way of driving and taking advantage of public transport more often can change our expenses at the end of the month.
Saving on Transportation
If you need to use the car try these tips:
- Do not overload the car.
- Travel at a constant speed and in the right gear (the longer the better).
- Avoid braking and acceleration.
- Car sharing, there are web applications that will allow you to save both if you offer your car or if you prefer to go in someone else’s.
- Do not buy new cars because you will spend several thousands euros more and just by getting it out of the dealership the new vehicle will loose 20% of its value.
- Choosing insurance that suits what you need, policies can cover risks that we do not need and that increase the amount of the insurance.
And whenever possible, use public transport because:
- It pollutes less.
- It’s cheaper.
- You can take advantage of the time to read a good book, to think, etc.
- You don’t waste time and money looking for parking.
- You avoid traffic jams
Use travel cards or vouchers instead of buying a ticket on each trip, the amount of the trip can be reduced by more than 50% in some cases.